Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Missing Sock Blues

Today, Ms. "Hippos Go Berserk" (aka Blogapotamus Rex) writes about her sorrow over the inevitable decline of summer giving way to the need to wear socks. I am lucky. I almost never have a problem with cold feet. If they happen to get a bit chilly, I just put them on Ulric when he's asleep and can't do much about it except bellow.

Here's a song straight from the Bureau of Missing Socks, dedicated to all of you whose toes have a penchant to turn into ten tiny blocks of ice. It's a blues number called "Can't Find My Socks" by Doctor Coconuts.

P.S. You could turn your socks into cuddly gorillas. Why should monkeys have all the fun?

P.P.S. In other news, Ms. Smoochypants has written an encomium to the heady fruit that is the wondrous
banana.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, I miss you. Are those sock gorilla's for sale somewhere. They are very cute.

Alec Wysoker said...

Sweet mouth trumpet?

Brad the Gorilla said...

Anon, the gorillas are for sale through the "gorillas" link. (I'm not advertising this site, by the way.) If I were lucky enough to have a sock ape of my own, I think I'd take the shirt off. That's one of the reasons I don't like Disney's Pooh-- what's this with the red shirt? Bah!
Galetea, gorillas tend to use their fists to pound their chests. They only put an entire fist in their mouth if they have to bite on their knuckles to keep from laughing. Mostly, it doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Brad, is that you on the new special edition "King Kong" Butterfinger? It sure looks like you, and don't tell me it Chad or Shad, I know it's you.

Brad the Gorilla said...

Anon, while I am glad that there is a special edition of a candy bar featuring a gorilla, I abhor
anything to do with Nestle. When I was a little gorilla, I didn't really care about such things as infant formula. It didn't apply to me, and my mother was such a staunch activist that it was embarassing when we'd go into the grocery stores and she'd start throwing Nestle products across the room. I can't tell you how many times she got arrested for what she called "Civil Disobedience" and what Shad, Chad, Calliope, Marisol and I called humiliating parental behavior. Now, of course, I admit that I owe my powerful throwing arm to my mother. (I get my charm, looks and culinary expertise from my dad.)

There, Melangell, now you know more about my parents than I wanted you (or anyone else) to know. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Grumble. Parents!

Brad the Gorilla said...

P.S. If Dagoba comes calling, I'm their gorilla.

P.P.S. Anon, you remind me a little bit of a friend I used to have, and miss very much.

John said...

I wonder if you could make socks out of recycled cardboard?

J