Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Deadbeat Crawdads

In addition to all of my other projects, I have started a new band. It is called Deadbeat Crawdads. It embraces a fusion of the rhythms of Swampy Maryland (where I grew up) with that of the harmonies found among the music of Cascadia (where I live now.) So far, I have the following positions filled for Deadbeat Crawdads: vocals (me), lead-guitar (me), rhythm guitar (me), and bass (Brutus.) I need a drummer. I thought I would talk to the drummer of the dub band Library Science, since he just might be wild and woolly enough to complete my lineup. Rumor has it that he charges an arm and a leg, though. I hope he doesn't mind getting paid in roast chicken.

In other news: Green Dragon Inn has hired me to become their virtual chef. Victory is mine! I have sent them the preliminary menu. I included ABCGirl's photo of the candlestick salad, and the proprietor laughed so hard he dropped his monocle into his beer. I fished it out for him, and then he complained about finding bits of fur floating around in the beer. When I told him that I didn't think a little bit of fur was such a big deal, he replied, "Etiam capillus unus habet umbram."

Smarty-pants! There is no pleasing some people.

No comments: