Saturday, January 07, 2006

Prep for Elvis Contest

Lucky for me, I got my Elvis outfit back from the drycleaners in time for the Invitationals tonight. I'm still going to have to arrange for some modifications, as I've gotten a bit plump from all the pudding I made over the holidays. Basically, my Landlady is going to have to stitch the costume onto me right before we go to the EMP.
I still need to choose a song. The polls didn't settle anything, because there was a tie between "Polk Salad Annie" and "I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell." I asked the Landlord to break the tie, and instead, he voted for "From a Jack to a King." He was no help at all whatsoever.

I'm going to go with "I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell," because of the banana peel reference. The song is better for my vocal range, anyway.

Still, part of me was looking forward to "Polk Salad Annie" because of the bit at the end with the backup singers:

Hey, hey, hey, yeah, yeah
(Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon
Chic a bon, chic a bon, chic a bon bon bon bon).


Classic!

4 comments:

Amit Gaur said...

best of luck

Amit Gaur said...

i was just surfing through the blogs ...

Anonymous said...

Brad, I LOVE IT! Good luck. I KNOW you can do it. Don't get too gruff if you don't tho. Most of all, HAVE FUN! Thanks for the clock idea, too!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Good luck - it must be difficult anatomicaly for a gorilla to impersonate Elvis, even though he did have big ape-like sideburns. I voted for "Polk Salad Annie" - this song was made for you man - I mean gorilla!