Thursday, October 13, 2005

Transportation Problems Solved!


My landlord has written a post on Metroblog that addresses how Seattle can solve its transportation problems once and for all:

"Let's raise the downtown ground level to the height of the Alaskan Way Viaduct....If you've ever taken Bill Speidel's Seattle Underground Tour you know that our current plague of engineering debacles (Alaskan Way Viaduct, Downtown bus tunnel, monorail) is merely a reflection of a city whose previous misadventures include blowing itself up, burning itself down, and dousing itself in sewage. So let's take a page from their book, bury our problems, and start anew."

It's what I've been saying all along. And that makes me think that I know the perfect place to take my blind date this weekend: the Underground Tour. I'm going to email my blind date right away, and warn her not to wear sandals.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I don't know buddy, sounds dirty and not in a good way. If she hails from your fair city perhaps she has already been on this particular excursion. I think you should take her dancing, no one goes dancing anymore.

John said...

You should take her to a play.

Leave her there and go have a Banana split.

J

Brad the Gorilla said...

Hmmmm. I'll have to think of some other options. I don't want to go dancing or to a play. I only like plays when they're done in the original Greek or Latin. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of people running around, wringing their hands and saying, "What'll I do? What'll I do?" They do that in the Greek and Latin plays, too, but it sounds much better.

John said...

You missed my point. TAKE her to a play and LEAVE HER THERE!

You don't have to stay...you can go eat Bannanna nut bread....mmm


J

Brad the Gorilla said...

But Hitman J, wouldn't that be cruel? I am rude, and proud of it. Cruelty, on the other hand, is what poachers do. How is your dating life, going, by the way? I read that you're now dating a GURL. I suppose that now that I've actually consented to a (blind) date, I don't have any room to tease you for being smoochy... but I will anyway. Hitman J is dating a GURL! Ho Ho ho.