Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Au Revoir

This is probably the last post for the Brad the Gorilla blog. For awhile now, I've tried to find new angles for my regular schitck. I've gone to art school, formed a band, was hired and fired as a chef for a disreputable inn, won fourth place in the Elvis Invitationals, impersonated Hitman J, spouted off Latin aphorisms, and tormented Yorkshire Pudding. I made friends with Lady K and Friday's Web through an earlier incarnation of Nonny. As fellow blogging simians, it was only a matter of moments before Monkey and I met. Of course, without my Landlady, Landlord and Ulric, I would have been nothing but...

Who am I kidding? I'm BRAD THE GORILLA. Blog or no blog, I will always be a 450 lb gorilla with a temper. I can't believe I got all introspective for a moment. Bah!

If you leave comments, I will still receive and read them. I will continue to read your blogs and comment when I can. In the meantime, I'm taking the time to travel throughout the world. Keep an eye out for me-- I may show up in your hometowns. If I do, I fully expect multicourse dinners complete with cigars and chocolate-covered bananas.

Au revoir.

8 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Is that really it? You are leaving your blog behind you? Well I guess nothing lasts forever and if you're tired of blogging then it's probably best to walk away. Gonna miss you sir! By the way you now owe me 200 bucks as I bet you that I would outblog you and now I've WON! HURRAH! HURRAH!

Saints and Spinners said...

Ouch, Brad, that's gotta hurt (YP claiming victory). I hope that your threats to stop blogging are just that--threats-- and that a flurry of comments praising your furriness will lure you back.

Alec Wysoker said...

This is not the way a blog is supposed to end. You just stop posting and after a year or two people get the message. Worked great for me.

Lady K said...

You're just still butt-hurt about the whole Antarctica fiasco, aren't you? It gets better, buddy! If you do show up here I'll make you a nice banana casserole and give you all the cigars and chocolate covered bananas you want. That should make you feel better. If nothing else, maybe we can find some version of "Donkey Kong" for my new PS2.

Brad the Gorilla said...

I suppose I'm not really leaving my blog behind. I just don't like to write one post every few weeks and string things out. Ergo, Mr Pudding may still owe me 200 bucks. Lady K's chocolate-banana concoctions are welcome, too.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Have a happy new year Mr. Gorilla. Here's hoping that your adventures are great 1's and that there will always be an employee trained to give you bananas to accomodate your discerning jungle tastes.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRAD!

Nonnyhatesbeta said...

I'm all depressed now. You were one of my first links buddy. I totally understand though. I've been toying with the idea of shutting down myself. Perhaps I've said all I have to say. You will be sorely missed.