Sunday, June 25, 2006

New Gig?

I need a new gig. Sure, I'm fluent Latin (joke Latin, at least), I'm a gourmet chef, I do a mean impersonation of Elvis, and I've been known to write an advice column or two. Everyone by now knows how gruff I am (definitely not cute), yet so furry that hairs are always getting into my culinary preparations. You've read about my extensive family, my travels all over the world, and my ongoing "who's got a bigger roar" competition with Yorkshire Pudding. You know that Nonny, Lady K and Friday keep trying to hug me and ruffle my fur, and you know that, as usual, I will have none of it. Last, but not least, you know that I used to be Hitman J's bouncer/body-guard before he up and left for Philly. Those were good times.

But now what? August 9, 2006 will be the one year anniversary of Brad the Gorilla, and I don't think I have enough material to make for interesting reading. I'm not planning to close down the blog, but I'm definitely thinking about taking a few months off. If I do, will you be around when I return?

In the meantime, here are some photos from my East Coast trip:




Good-looking cupcakes often are not the tastiest cupcakes. These cupcakes were no exception.



This is a proper breakfast: New York bagel with cream-cheese, and coffee in a Greek-motif take-out cup proclaiming "We are happy to serve you." I bought ceramic versions of these coffee-cups.


I was hiding in the car when The House of Glee went to Brooklyn for breakfast at the Yemen cafe. I saw a sign for "Blue Spoon Coffee" and tried to signal the Landlord's daughter to get her grandfather to stop the car, but no luck.


On the way into Brooklyn via Staten Island, I saw one of those inflatable blue gorillas advertising tires. By the time I snapped a picture, all I could see was the very top of the blue head. If you can't see it, keep enlarging the photo until a blue blob catches your eye. You may be at the computer for awhile.

Of course there was also that UFO in Montana I saw...

5 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Oh dear... the prospect of a blogosphere without B.Gorilla would be like the Garden of Eden without the serpent! I guess you're just a bit bored with it all or maybe it's because you have finally admitted to yourself that I have the biggest ROAR!

El JoPe Magnifico said...

Dear Mr. The Gorilla,
We will follow you to the ends of the Earth, sir. And for your return (uh, we were following, but lost you in a crowd?) we will wait until the end of time.
In need of a new hobby in the meanwhile,
SeƱor Magnifico

Lady K said...

If you took some time off I'd surely be around when you got back! Sure I can't hug you before you go?

Brad the Gorilla said...

Okay, I guess I can endure ONE hug before I head off. Actually, I'd like to do a special post before I go on hiatus. Stay tuned over the next couple of days. Then, I'll go on vacation, and return at a set time.

I just watched the original "King Kong" last night. Brilliant for its time, that piece was. Of course, the bits where Kong puts people in his mouth is completely silly.

Anonymous said...

The line that reads "Good-looking cupcakes often are not the tastiest cupcakes. These cupcakes were no exception." is right next to the picture of the half-eaten BAGELS. Next time, try eating those things that are in the picture above, and they might actually TASTE like cupcakes.