Thursday, September 03, 2009

Gorilla Grumbles

I keep getting emails in my inbox about the so-called "best" photos of National Geographic. They're not that great. There's not a gorilla in the bunch. It's been a long time since we've gotten a cover like this one.

While I'm grumbling, I should mention that I still can't seem to get a proper endorsement for Seattle mayor. I also can't seem to get proper health insurance, but almost everyone is in the same boat around here. Forget dental insurance. You should see my teeth! On the other hand, you probably shouldn't.

2 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

A first-time visitor and commenter to your blog, I arrived from Yorkshire Pudding's blog. I felt an immediate kinship with you when I read that you swear in Latin. My uncle's favorite epithet/expletive was "sum, esse, fui" -- it conveyed to all his disgust but was, at the same time, totally benign.

Yorkshire has been a teacher of English for over thirty years, so he darn well better know how to use "its" properly.

I look forward to reading more of your excellent blog.

Brad the Gorilla said...

Rhymeswithplague: I'm glad that your uncle understood the full depth and depravity that is (ironically) the glory of the Latin language. Latin isn't a dead language. Much like a virus it's just learned how to adapt.

I wish I had more of my once-excellent blog to offer. Not too long ago, Mr Pudding removed me from his blogroll because I wasn't holding up my end of the blogosphere. (I am no Altas and it was too much of a burden.) Despite repeated threats not to blog any longer, I do crop up from time to time.

Your friend,
Brad the Gorilla